30 May 2007

so you got a cd in the mail...

here you go, parham...the run-down....

Track 1: "On My Way" - Ingram Hill
*Tribute to my bitter, anti-love side.
Track 2: "Part of Your History" - Blue Merle
*The next feeling after bitter and angry...sad acceptance.
Track 3: "Bourbon Street" - Oval Opus
*These are usually silly guys from Cincy, but I love this cut.
Track 4: "Colorful" - Rocco Deluca and the Burden
*Live like you mean it. I just want to be colorful.
Track 5: "The Greatest" - Cat Power
*Sooooo chill. Love it.
Track 6: "5:19" - Matt Wertz
*This guy has some major sentimental value for me...but he really is amazingly talented as well.
Track 7: "Hot Burrito #1" - Flying Burrito Brothers
*Real random. I got this from a friend of mine in Chicago. He loves them.
Track 8: "Hypnotized" - Ani DiFranco
*Wicked cool voice. And she's been around forever.
Track 9: "Jackson" - Dave Barnes
*Love this guy. He's fantastic live...absolutely great. He'll be at Sundown in July I believe. You gotta check him out. And look for him on YouTube. HILARIOUS stuff.
Track 10: "French Café" - Marc Broussard
*Amazing vocal range. From Louisiana. He was at Sundown last summer. Super good. This is a tribute to my hope for "something more" in a relationship. "a world apart and an ocean away, just lovin' you, baby"
Track 11: "Still Amazing" - Josh Johnson
*Really young, local guy. He plays around here quite a bit.
Track 12: "Strangers Again" - Ari Hest
*More "I would've been better off never knowing you" music. :o)
Track 13: "Killing Me" - Graham Colton Band
*A great "i don't mean to hurt you" song.
Track 14: "Does He Love You?" - Rilo Kiley
*Can you feel the pain and frustration?
Track 15: "For Us" - Pete Yorn
*I just like him. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. I just do.
Track 16: "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" - Colin Hay
*Yes, from Garden State. His voice amazes me.
Track 17: "Love Love Love" - Tristan Prettyman
* I love love love everything she does.
Track 18: "Write You a Letter" - Ray LaMontagne
*I heart Ray. There are no other words to describe it.
Track 19: "Home to Me" - Josh Kelley
*There's no place like home.

I can't say enough about music and the way it can move and shake a soul. So I'll leave it at that. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Going Weston said...

who are you sending that cd to?

are you breaking up with me...?